Site Meter

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HP Sauce

HP Sauce

You say tomarto I say tomato.

This morning I get an email from Phil Wheatley saying he had not said what I said in a press release.

Then this afternoon I get a call from Martin Bentham of the Evening Standard claiming the same thing.

As far as I am concerned, my recollection is pretty good.

Ok, so the shit has hit the fan.

Should I now start recording conversations so when the shit hits the fan in future none of it comes back in my direction?

I am aware of the journalists code of not revealing sources. And refused to reveal my source who had informed me that Clarence Mitchell had tipped of the McCanns that they were being electronically monitored by the PJ.

Martin Bentham quoted Jack Straw in his headline, but I noted that within the article it said words to the effect, a source close to. So, it sewed a seed of doubt in my mind. I called Phil Wheatley and told him about the article which he had read, and pointed out the difference between the headline and text within. He said that the source close to was code for Jack Straw. I rang Martin Bentham telling him what Phil Wheatley had said, and the impression I got was that it was code and that it was Jack Straw who had given him the story. I suspect it was, don't quote me, or I will deny it.

The problem is that Lord Bach said one thing in Parliament, and it is alleged that Jack Straw said the opposite in private. One of them, it would appear, must be lying.

Now, I recall Lord Goldsmith's legal advice doing a 360 degree turn in relation to the Iraq war.

This issue is not as important. Nevertheless, I aim to get to the bottom of this affair of the prisoners votes.

I suspect that someone has been leaning heavily on this.

The thing is, it does not really matter who said or did not say what. Actions speak louder than words. Bottom line, the government does not intend legislating for the prisoners to get the vote this side of the general election. This is in spite of the Council of Ministers stipulating the Hirst judgment must be implemented before the election. This is in spite of the government giving assurance after assurance that it would honour its obligations under the Convention. No such action has been taken.

I have a reputation for having committed manslaughter. I have a reputation as a very successful litigant. Even a bit of a one as a blogger.

I don't have a reputation as a liar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I enjoy you r blog particularly the pieces on the mcspamms.
However being a bit of an old right winger do you really think peados child murderers and rapists should get the vote,hra aside is it moral that they should get a vote?
I dont belive that prisoners should be at risk of attack or rape or abuse they a re wards of thestate ,but surely they have lost the right to join in while they are inside.

gmkomd