Site Meter

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

On the homefront...

On the homefront...

I bought this from Argos today. Very disappointed when it was delivered. At nine and a half inches high it is too low for a chair (except for a baby or a dwarf). It is really a folded foam mattress. It made me think of a z bed. I did a Google search and found the very same z bed for sale at £33 instead of the £49.99 I paid Argos! I do have a z bed frame which folds up and the headboard becomes a tabletop. The wool and spring mattress suffered from Rocky damage. I will see if the old frame and new mattress are compatible...

I decided to put some more Daz into the washing machine and give the washing that had been in there since Xmas another spin. The washing still smelled a bit musty as I hung it on the line to dry. I shoved the next load of washing in which was in the laundry basket on top of the washer. Then I put the dirty clothes piled up in the bathroom into the basket for washing tomorrow.

There are still cakes on a plate in the dining room since Xmas...

Very gradually I am having a tidy up ready for the workmen to come at the end of the month to make a mess as they go about home improvements. The dining room will need to go down to basics, dry the damp ready for the plasterboards and plaster, and have a doubleglazed PVC window fitted. After that it will be the lounge...

No comments: