Site Meter

Friday, November 09, 2007

BAE inquiry decision challenged


BAE inquiry decision challenged

A pressure group is going to the High Court to challenge the legality of the decision to end investigations into BAE Systems' dealings with Saudi Arabia.

I wish Corner House Research good luck, however, I suspect that the challenge will be dismissed because it was not brought within the 3 months time limit to mount a legal challenge.

UPDATE: Wonders never cease. Judicial review of BAE probe ordered.

2 comments:

Barnacle Bill said...

Glad to see that Corner House & CAAT managed to persuade the judges today.
But I have a feeling that we won't see this get much further.

jailhouselawyer said...

barnacle bill: You will note that I have updated the post to reflect this news.

I agree, as much as I would like it to go further like you I suspect it will get kicked into touch.