Site Meter

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The bay of pigs: swine swimming in crystal clear water in the Bahamas

The bay of pigs: swine swimming in crystal clear water in the Bahamas


On the beaches of Big Major Spot Island, the Bahamas, a family of brown and pink boars and piglets live freely on the sandy white beaches and swim in the tropical surf


Underwater photographer Eric Cheng stumbled across the unusual residents during a diving expedition to the area
"We were in the southern Bahamas to photograph oceanic white-tip sharks," says the 33-year-old. "Our captain, Jim Abernethy, had heard that there were pigs on Big Major so we decided to go and check it out" Picture: Eric Cheng / Barcroft Media

Check out the other images here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is offensive to Muslims. Muslims shouldn't be allowed to swim in the same water as pigs. Or Polish people. It offends me. (no, no it doesn't, its just the drugs that I am taking what made me say that.) Polish are not pigs, its just that most Poles wouldn't swim in the same water as they animals because they would rather have a hog roast than cause a race riot. (feckit, I'm digging myself a deeper trench here)

Happy Easter! (oh feck.... I'll get me coat)

Anonymous said...

It is still an amusing post Ron....ever thought of starting your own blog?



IRONSIDE


By the way the photography is superb.

jailhouselawyer said...

Ironside: Ron's blog is in my sidebar The Big Boys Book of Everyfink

Anonymous said...

Thanks John will take a look.

IRONSIDE