Site Meter

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hedgehog in the city

Hedgehog in the city

When I went out earlier on this evening with Rocky for his walk it was raining and it got worse so I terminated the walk early.

I promised him we would go out later weather permitting. About 11.15pm we went to Sainsbury's on Princess Avenue. I was a bit miffed that they tried to rip me off on the price of a large box of jelly babies. It used to be the more you bought the cheaper it became. Not now, check the price per 100g between a bag and a box. I complained to the supervisor and was told it cost more to package. Whilst that argument may well work with a box and plastic bag with the same amount of jelly babies. But when you are buying several times the amount in the box as opposed to the bag, it just means that Sainsbury's are a penny pinching, moneygrabbing, outfit. Bring back Jackson's!

As Rocky and I walked down Pearson Avenue he alerted me that he had seen something of interest. On closer inspection I saw that it was a hedgehog curled up in the defensive ball. Rocky wanted to get closer, but I prevented him remembering how Flash a childhood Golden Retriever would get needles stuck in her nose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the jelly babies John but loved the hedgehog story..Had that of been me I would have brought the hedgehog home...lucky enough to be living in the country with plenty of barns around I can do this.


IRONSIDE