Site Meter

Saturday, May 22, 2010

ASBO bans woman from lap dancing, pole dancing and prostitution

ASBO bans woman from lap dancing, pole dancing and prostitution

A woman alleged to have driven neighbours out of their homes by her sexual activities has been banned from inviting any men around for the night except for her brothers and the emergency services.



Many, many, years ago when I was in my late teens, I recall renting an attic room which was only partioned by sheets of hardboard. And there was a square space cut out for a window which was only covered by sack cloth to allow air through from my window. I used to hear sex noises and arguments coming from the next room and this used to annoy me, so I was glad to get out of there as soon as possible.

Having said this, I cannot say I would be disturbed by the woman above engaging in lap dancing, pole dancing and prostitution. I think I would quite enjoy the experience. However, it is one thing to be involved and quite another to just hear others involved.

Still, it does seem as though an ASBO is going too far. And I am not too keen on what amounts to a civil matter being turned into a criminal matter carrying a 5 year prison term, a measure which sneaks into law via the backdoor.

More on the case here.

No comments: