Site Meter

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Barrister pleads guilty to perverting the course of justice

Bruce Hyman a falling star (or should that be fallen star?).

I don't know how my legal eagle eyes missed this little gem, but the usually sozzled Charon QC on some strange wine he calls Rioja, which he drinks for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner, when I only drink cheapo Tesco wino, did manage to spot it through bleary eyes. Hat-Tip to the chappie. (I must say that this second triple G&T is beginning to get to me).

What strikes me, is that this smart-arsed barrister expected to get away with a crime that only a lawyer would think of. Given that his opponent was legally inexperienced and representing himself, it would take some stretch of the imagination to believe that he had dreamed it up.

It is not just the callous desire to win the case. He was prepared to see an innocent man go to jail for perverting the course of justice. Given that the likes of Aitken and Archer went to jail. It would be more fitting if this bastard received a custodial sentence. I suspect the funny hand shakes will come out and spare him the ultimate humiliation.

There again, they are short of jailhouselawyers inside so perhaps the judge will do the right thing in this case?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and how many others....



scum

Anonymous said...

Jailhouselawyer... I do hope that you are not suggesting that my consumption of wine exceeds the limits recommended by H M Government.

Rioja is from Spain.... fairly cheap :-)

By the way.. quite happy to settle any possible defamation action if you pop a bottle of red into the post !

Enjoy the Bank holiday.

jailhouselawyer said...

Is that for health or for driving? I'll have a look out for some Rioja next time I go to buy some drink. I'll have to speak to my lawyer. I intend to. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

Medical limit! (I never drink and drive... I ride a motorbike!)

The Hyman case continues to baffle me. What was going on inside his mind when he faked the judgment?

jailhouselawyer said...

I suspect it was "I must win this case at all costs". Now he must pay the price. Perhaps, he should have adopted the its not the winning that matters its the taking part philosophy?