Site Meter

Friday, August 24, 2007

One Fucking Idiot and His Dog



Rocky made a canine arrest of a girl of about 10 years of age, who with a group of about 8 others, some older and some younger, had allegedly committed criminal damage to a roof adjoining the swimming baths off Beverly Road. I had just exited Fenchurch Street Park and saw all the debris littering the pavement and road. Two large iron girders, too many roof tiles and the decorative bits that go on the top to mention. I am just asking myself "what has happened here?", and muttering "that's dangerous", when I hear children giggling up on the roof, just as they are about to climb down and run away.

What am I supposed to do? Be public spirited? What if the kids had screamed "paedo"? Or, "assault"? Meanwhile, Rocky had taken charge and was barking at the kids feet as they jumped down. Should I call him back? There is the Dangerous Dog's Act, could I be prosecuted under that and would they put Rocky down? So far, he hadn't bitten any of them. He knew they were up to mischief. I was watching out in case any tried to kick him or throw missiles down at him or me or at him or me from the ground. Just then I see a police car turn into the end of the street from Beverley Road.

As it approached, I expected it to pull up and the police officers to get out. But no, I was greeted by "well, get out of the way then you fucking idiot!", by the male driver, in the front passenger seat was a WPC. Apparently, he wanted to drive around the corner before getting out, maybe the distance of six feet or so. I was so incensed I shouted back that "I am not a fucking idiot!". Just then I heard the girl say "he's bit me", I looked at her leg but could not see any blood or obvious teeth marks from where I was standing, and I called Rocky to me as a community support officer came down the path towards the girl. He asked me if I would recognise the kids if I saw them again. I replied, "I doubt it. Kids are kids".

I continued the walk and popped into the Chippy for my supper. It's possible that Rocky nipped the girl. It's possible that had they not closed the police station on Beverley Road the police would have responded quicker and grabbed some more members of the gang. As it transpires, the only one they have got is the one Rocky arrested. But, for him and me they wouldn't have had that lead to work on.

Might I suggest that Humberside Police work on its PR? They might find people more public spirited if they were not sworn at by the police, and if they didn't have to worry about getting arrested and charged if they became involved...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well educated pigs you have there in Kingston-upon-Hull. At least they can speak. Many have no power of speech at all, owing to having their mind and reasoning removed by Piggy training. I think that you should send a letter to the Home Office commending them on their ability to teach stinking heaps of uneducated shit to drive cars, at least.

You should be thankfull.

jailhouselawyer said...

It's only after I am blogging the story that I remember I should have used my video on my phone...

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is a person in Hull, the East Riding or North East Lincs who could not tell a similar story. I was first on the scene at a very bad accident on a rural road. I asked another motorist to ring for police, fire and ambulance for the three cars involved. There was plenty of blood, fuel and debris scattered all around. I directed traffic and organised the scene for 45 minutes before an off duty paramedic came to the scene. He rang to see where the "emergency" services were. They had been sent to the other end of the county by mistake. After another 20 minutes they finally arrived. I waited another 60 minuted before I was relieved of my traffic duties. At the end of it all I was given a breath test (even witnesses are done!) and then interviewed in a nearby police car. Not a thank you or kiss my arse. They even made me go the long way home rather than letting me move off by the shortest route afterwards.

Protect and Serve my arse.

maneatingcheesesandwich said...

I would like to say how shocked and/or surprised I am. Sadly, I can't. As a wise old owl of a solicitor once said to me - "It has always been the case that it is necessary, for the maintenance of law and order, that the police force should reflect the community it serves. There should be a proportionate number of female officers, officers of various religions and ethnicities, officers with substantial life experience prior to joining and officers of higher intelligence and educational achievement. There should also be a proportion of insensitive, overbearing, ill-educated thugs, who revel in the opportunity to engage in a brawl and will not seek to tame the wild beast, simply punch it between the eyes and drag it back to the station. Every division needs it's boffins, it's artists, it's negotiators and it's thief-takers, but it also needs the occasional bullying twat. I would suggest that my client was dealt with last night by one of the latter group."

So look on the bright side ... at least he didn't try to enrol you in Neighbourhood Watch, invite to a Local Consultation Group, or elicit your assistance in the organisation of a Yoof Group, to help the little bastards divert their energies into grafitti and papier-mache.

jailhouselawyer said...

MECS: As he was in a car and I was a pedestrian, the least I would expect is that he used the indicators to let me know what he was doing because I am not a mind reader...

Anonymous said...

Those type of ridge tiles are hellishly expensive and almost irreplaceable. The little twats should be strung up for destroying a part of english heritage.

jailhouselawyer said...

I wondered what the were called Ron, ridge tiles, I'll try to remember that.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Rocky came through safe John.

but why the Heck do you put up with stuff? Most of the UK is a fine place to live. Unless you can make a difference move on out.

VIVA Rocky.

jailhouselawyer said...

anonymous: I have made my home here and call my house "Myhaven". I will try and improve the area, but it does need others not to be wall flowers at a dance.

Anonymous said...

Well You have my upmost respect then. And so does Rocky.

Anonymous said...

One evening, at about 8pm, I returned home, from my 'local'. Outside my house, I counted eleven cars, all with bonnets up, some with wheels off, etc., 3 on the pavement, and 3 in the centre of the road. I stood by my gate and looked at them, whereupon one walked towards me, turned around, and farted loudly. To cut a long story short, I called the police and explained to them the incidents. After about 3 minutes, I had to retreat indoors, as the cop, after suggesting that I had been drinking and driving (!!!) was getting quite nasty. As he was leaving, I asked him whether he was taking any action for the cars parked on the pavement, as it was a specific offence to drive over the footway. His reply? "Action is discretionary, and I am not taking any further action". Ta. Exit police. Yobs laugh cocks off.