Site Meter

Thursday, October 07, 2010

BMW No longer the ultimate machine...

BMW No longer the ultimate machine...



Lawyers tend to have a habit of finding loopholes. And, whilst I castigate Kenneth Clarke for referring to the non existent "criminal class" at the Tory party conference I am aware that there is such a thing as the "Underworld". As much as I have tried to leave this in the past, and there are those who like to pass judgement upon me for my past but it does not stop them asking me for a favour which entails contacting someone from my past.

I know all the hype about the Automatic Number Plate recognition system which the police like to brag about. But, what if Eastern Europeans bring their car from their native country into the UK? What if they are allowed to stay 12 months without taxing it in the UK? And, what if this is extended to 2 years and the authorities are non the wiser? Then suddenly it disappears into thin air, it is off the road without the need for a SORN. It would appear that the only loser is the DVLA which has lost a year's road tax money. But, if a serious accident occured it could raise questions over the validity of the car insurance...

No comments: