Site Meter

Friday, October 15, 2010

Kerching!

Kerching!



About this time last year I was contacted by an agency wishing to place an advert on my blog, and came up with the figure of £500 per annum for the box advert. Soon afterwards 3 other agencies did the same and I charged the same, netting myself £2,000 in extra cash.

I emailed the agency which had started it all off to enquire whether they wished to renew their advert. They said that they did, and wondered whether I was interested in accepting another 4 similar adverts and if so would I offer a bulk discount? I decided I was interested in making £2,500 in one fell swoop. So much so that I was prepared to give away £500 in a 20% discount, which the agency has accepted. Even if none of the other 3 renew their contracts, I have earned the same amount as last year. If they do, then I could earn as much as £4,000 from my blog in a year.

4 comments:

Gawain Towler said...

You paying tax on that?

jailhouselawyer said...

I wasn't intending to. Why?

Charles Cowling said...

There's a war on. And a financial crisis. And bonuses to pay. Where's your patriotism, man?!

Nice work.

CherryPie said...

Great stuff :-)