Site Meter

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All in a day's work...

All in a day's work...

Yesterday morning I went Darn Sarf to London, to do an interview with Spirit Level Film for a TV documentary. It was scheduled to last an hour, but they said what I had to say was so interesting it went on for 3 hours instead. In front of the bright lights I was reminded of the Gestapo and "We haf ways of making you talk". Previously, they have produced The Fear Factory and The Ministry of Truth.

The train was late arriving in Hull from Kings Cross, in spite of the board saying it was on time. Then there was a further delay along the way meaning we arrived half an hour late at Kings Cross.

I was met at the barrier by royalty. The King of Pop, Jonathan King, that is, wearing sandals as though he had just been on the set of Ben Hur. It was pissing down with rain. Jonathan whisked me off to lunch in a little red sports car, "The Rolls is being serviced" he said.

Later, I visited the Legal Action for Women Centre. Unfortunately, because of the delayed train and extended film session Nikki and crew did not get as much time as they deserved. So, I will have to go back down to the Smoke very shortly.

6 comments:

Tomkatsu said...

Wow! You got to meet King John?!

jailhouselawyer said...

Some might say Queen John...

Jonathan King said...

Thank you Hirst! That's the last time I buy you eggs'n'chips!

jailhouselawyer said...

JK: You forgot to mention the ham...

Jonathan King said...

Like Ben's blogs, it may have been reconstituted!

jailhouselawyer said...

JK: Rubber eggs, kids portion of chips, ham which raises a question mark?

If you ever come up to Hull, I'll take you to the Revolution in the Old Quarter where you can buy me a meal and then compare quality, quantity and price.