Site Meter

Saturday, October 17, 2009

No more money worries

No more money worries

No I have not won the lottery. However, I have just received the following email...

"From: International Remitance

To: undisclosed recipients:

Subject:Info

Attn:

Sequel to several meeting help with the UN Secretary General I am writting this mail to inform you that finaly your fund is now deposited with BARCLAYS BANK LONDON for onward transfer into your local Bank account,since this will be the safe and best way to handle this transaction for security reason and to avoid further rip of from on your end.

You are required to come to london as soon as possible to sign the necessary documents required to be signed before any international transfer.

I wait for your reply and do not hesitate to call me should you need more clarification.

Best Regards.

Christopher Moore"

Perhaps, I should email back the following reply?

Hi Christopher

I am interested as to why Remitance rather than Remittance? Shouldn't that be "meetings held" rather than "meeting help"? And "writing" as opposed to "writting"? You appear to be hell of a poor speller because "finaly" should have two l's such as "finally". It would have been clearer had you inserted a space between the comma and since "account,since". And, I think you meant rip off rather than "rip of".

As London is a capital I think you should have used one in your "london".

Take this as my reply. Not sure how I can get around your suggestion not to hesitate to call you, the problem being I have no way of knowing your phone number. I do indeed "need more clarification", particularly in relation to your poor English. Are you by any chance foreign?

I cannot see myself going to London asap on some wild goose chase.

Perhaps, a comma should have followed "Best Wishes" rather than a full stop. And place the full stop after your name rather than omit this because it would then indicate the close of your letter.

I am seeking clarification as to why you first claim that money has been deposited with BARCLAYS BANK LONDON for onward transfer to my local bank account (note no need for a capital B here), and then state that I need to sign the necessary documents "before any international transfer". This appears to be inconsistent.

You have my best wishes with your scam elsewhere

John Hirst (aka Jailhouselawyer)

3 comments:

jo said...

Scam and scum....this is what we ,the "white world" taught to "foreigners".......

white rabbit said...

I did once reoply to one of these. I told the scammer that I'd love to help but I had to go to hospital for a foreskin transplant.

After that the correspondence got seriously bizarre util I think the scammer must have concluded he was dealing with a lunatic and concluded the correspondence.

Do you know Scamorama btw? Absolute scream...

jailhouselawyer said...

WR: I hadn't heard of Scam O Rama but I have just checked it out cheers.

David Bellamy: And here we have the lesser foreskinned white rabbit..."