Site Meter

Thursday, October 15, 2009

With a little help from my friend...

With a little help from my friend...

My ex-blogging friend, Rocky and I set off for London in his little Renault van. I was headed for the Crossroads Womens Centre as they wanted to pick my brains on some legal issues, and he was going to visit his father in Dagenham who had collapsed and was in hospital.

Rocky had to get in the back of the van. Ever since I was rear ended he has a fear of the back seat of vehicles. He kept trying to climb in the front between the seats. At some stage along the A1 I needed a pee, I took Rocky in case he also needed to go. I was having to drag him away from the road into the hedgerow. I got the impression he felt he was going to be dumped at the side of the road. Whereas previously we had to fight to get him in the back, this time he dragged me and could not wait to leap back into the back. I wish I knew something of Rocky's past before I got him from the rescue centre.

In London we could not find the address, it was written down on a piece of paper next to my computer at home. All we had was the phone number and post code of a women's refuge, it transpired it was not the place we were looking for even though there is a connection. And we were unable to contact the people who needed assistance and nobody was willing to give us any assistance. My friend said he was not leaving me alone in London, and so we headed back up North. Somewhere near Peterborough we had to leave the A1 because of some kind of accident ahead.

Whilst it shows how a friend is willing to help out, it also displayed the unwillingness of others to offer assistance.

UPDATE: 13.30 Back home for now...

7 comments:

Ironside said...

Just goes to show John we never stop learning about the so called 'Human race'..extra biscuits for Rocky tonight.

jailhouselawyer said...

Ironside: Hi. He's already had them. There was just one knock on the door at 6pm, I had to stifle Rocky from barking, but I did not know who it was and ignored it...

Anonymous said...

A Dog does not lie, a dog can not lie.

CherryPie said...

It might just be because you were a man asking about a Women's refuge. Might have got their alarm bells ringing.

Anonymous said...

I am probably stating the obvious John but how can you be sure that your tormentors aren't reading your blog? The plod will get IP addresses after an event but isn't that too late?

jailhouselawyer said...

Anon 6.35: ?

CP: That was part of the explanation. I have since had contact with them, and pencilled in another date to meet.

Anon 6.44: I cannot, however, in this regard I am probably more bothered about those in authority reading it. There is social history in the making, and I feel the need to keep my supporters abreast of developments in this saga, therefore I have taken a gamble.

jailhouselawyer said...

Update: The knock on the door was a friend who assumed nobody was home...