Site Meter

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday round up of the news

Sunday round up of the news

We interupt this advert to bring you news that England have scored...

I am not a great one for sport generally speaking. In prison I would sometimes watch tennis, snooker or golf to while away the hours. However, I do enjoy the Olympics. And can sometimes get caught up in the excitement and emotion of the World Cup, etc.

I get annoyed when commercial TV interupts a programme with adverts even before we have reached 10 minutes in, or does the same just before the end of the programme.

I have been thinking of switching over from SD to HD. However, given the fiasco last night when ITV HD went to an advert 3 minutes into the England v USA game which meant that those viewers watching in HD missed the England goal at 4 minutes into the match. Not a good advert for HD!

Apparently, ITV are saying that it was some kind of technical hitch. Whatever, I cannot see it as being other than either deliberate human manipulation or human error. For me, it is all about picture quality. Therefore, I would have thought whether the match was in SD or HD there should not have been any commercial break until half-time.

It is annoying that this little episode got so much media coverage, and yet not a peep that 75,000 prisoners lost their human right to the vote...

Expenses fiddling MPs falling on hard times...

I cannot believe it that some MPs are putting in claims for advances not on their salaries but on their future expenses claims! How do they know in advance what their expenses claims are going to be?

EU news...

Dan the man Hannan says...

David Cameron doesn't want a row - but the EU won't give him any option

If a levy on financial transactions is imposed, the one bit of our economy with the locomotive power to pull us back to growth will be disabled.


And, Chris Huhne says...

"I'm not going to stick my nose in".

But, then goes ahead and sticks his nose in...


I think that the Conservative hole on policy in Europe is going to mean that the LibCons coalition are going to get a rude awakening from both the Council of Europe and Europe Union. Particularly from this direction...

Doc. 12221
27 April 2010
Effective implementation of the European Convention on Human Rights: the Interlaken process

No comments: