Site Meter

Saturday, May 12, 2007

The case of John Hirst v Iain Dale



I must confess that when I was watching 18doughtystreet.com, the internet TV station, and Iain Dale, the presenter, mentioned that he had joined Facebook, the thought crossed my mind 'it should have been the two faced book'. Or, as the Red Indian said, "Paleface speak with forked tongue". At best, the charge is that Iain Dale is a hypocrite. At worst, he is a liar. Given that he has recently made the accusation that the reason he changed his mind in relation to the offer for me to appear on 18DS, in relation to the prisoners votes case, is that he claims that I was less than upfront about my past. However, this charge is false because anyone who knows me knows that I have always been upfront with my past. It is a matter of public record, my past, and anyone who takes the time to Google me can find out all about me and my past. Besides, my blog is a good indication that I am open and above board. So, Iain Dale's charge is false.

I don't think that it was too much to ask for Iain Dale to answer a honest question with a honest answer. I simply asked him why he had changed his mind. Of course he has a right to change his mind. However, I also believe that I have a right to a proper explanation. The fact that he has attempted to hide the real reason(s) behind a falsehood indicates that he has got something to hide. All I want from Iain Dale is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

UPDATE: Here is Iain Dale's response "You have had a detailed explanation. And I have no intention of continuing correspondence with you when you have publically called me a hypocrite and a liar".

What Iain Dale describes as a detailed explanation, I call a pathetic excuse. And, he seems to be missing the point. When somebody says one thing and then does another, then that person is plainly a hypocrite. Similarly, when somebody gives a version of events which is shown not to be factual then that person is either mistaken or a liar. Given that Iain Dale has inside information, the being mistaken element can safely be removed from the equation. This only leaves the liar element. It is a shame that Iain Dale is upset at being publicly called a hypocrite and a liar. However, the facts are that this is the case. I will be posting more on this story later just to show how sneaky this other side to Iain Dale really is, the side that he likes to keep hidden from public view.

No comments: