Site Meter

Friday, May 25, 2007

Lest we forget

Every November we hold a service of remembrance, lest we forget, for those who gave their lives during conflicts so that the rest of us may live in peace. Last night Iain Dale's Diary blogged this post which is deserving of a wider audience and greater support. It is rare to get the chance to remember the deed of a living hero, who gave so much when we needed him. And now it is intended to repay him with a cold shoulder, a slap in the face, with such contempt we would not show to a dog. His conduct was faultless. Ours is shameful. There is time and the opportunity to reverse this shameful decision made in our name. Let us all inform the relevant authority that we do not support nor tolerate this disgusting conduct from those supposedly representing us. Whatever our political hue, differences of opinion, the blogosphere and mainstream media should unite and show vociferous solidarity in this genuine cause.

UPDATE: I have just emailed my MP Diana Johnson, so there is really no excuse for her not knowing about this case and raising it either in the House of Commons or with the relevant authority.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are quite right to pass this article on from Mrs Dales Diary.

I wager it costs more to tag a 'terror suspect' than it does to support a person who put his life on the line for this country.

Anonymous said...

I have just linked to the original story on my blog. This is friggin' disgusting considering all the Romanian Mafia that the government is freely letting in to undermine the economy.

jailhouselawyer said...

I think that the two issues are separate. Still, well done for picking it up and spreading the word.

Reminds me I have to go back and pick up that link you gave me earlier via email.

Anonymous said...

Big thanks to drawing my attention to this.