Site Meter

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Should annual party conferences be scrapped?

Should annual party conferences be scrapped?

Last night on Newsnight it was suggested that we do away with the annual party conferences. There is no need for them and no other country has them. They are paid for by lobbyists. Having read Cameron's speech I can only agree that it is time to scrap them. His peech was empty of substance, and very dull and boring.

"I'm proud of my team, I'm proud of our members, I'm proud to lead this party - but most of all, I'm proud of you". Pride comes before a fall!

"But leadership in the world is about moral strength as much as military might". This said from a man who stands on the low moral ground in relation to human rights.

Full text: David Cameron's Conservative conference speech

No comments: