Site Meter

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Double the money - That's Tesco price

Double the money - That's Tesco price

Yesterday I bought 2lb of bacon from my local butcher for £5.46, and weighed it when I got home and it was just short of 1kg on the scale. This morning I popped into Tesco Express for some milk, and checked their price for bacon...it was over £10 per kg! Perhaps, Tesco would like to explain why 'If every little helps' they are charging double the price? Not only does Tesco charge double for the same product, their bacon shrivels to half its size when its being fried. Whereas with the bacon from my butcher there is no noticeable shrinkage.

I take issue with this statement. "The move follows a national TV advertising campaign in which Tesco urged cash-strapped consumers to buy its cheaper own-brand products ahead of dearer branded goods". If this is the case, why has Tesco deliberately refused to restock Tesco's own brand wheatbiscuits in both the Tesco Express on Beverley Road and Spring Bank?

When I emailed Tesco customer support, to complain, I received a automated response informing me that they would contact me asap. That was weeks ago. I am still waiting for them to deal with my complaint. Meanwhile, the cheeky bastards sent me a survey to complete! If they cannot be bothered to look into my complaint, I sure as hell cannot be bothered to take part in their survey!

UPDATE: You have to admire Google for placing a Tesco ad as a sponsored link to my post complaining about Tesco which reached number one on Google.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

jailhouselawyer,

Tesco's empire was built on the 'buy it cheap, stack it high' principle. The bargain hunting gullible were lured, since when they've evolved into a greedy, all powerful force. Environmenally unfriendly, creating rubbish mountains - overflowing dustbins and decimating small businesses.

I hope you stop funding their greed - they reportedly have vested interests in Brown's proposed 'eco towns'.

Anonymous said...

John,

If it's any comfort, Tesco's are as ruthless with staff as customers. I was told our local depot names and shames the slowest check out operator each week in the staff room according to an employee. Who knows ?

Your experience confirms they put greed over customer needs and care.

Merkin said...

Better get the stuff locally.

The Tesco stuff is injected with watery filth which makes a white scum when you fry it.

Anonymous said...

JEWS!

2345 said...

merkin,

You're right, foul isn't it ? I've never supported Tesco's greed, friends who do are find Aldi cheaper. Our local farm shops are much cheaper than supermarkets.

Anonymous said...

jailhouselawyer,

I'm astounded that google monitors sites and directs readers to 'bad' publicity - I expect Giant Tesco will be contacting it's lawyers pdq, don't you ??