Site Meter

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Recycling: One man's rubbish...

Recycling: One man's rubbish...

For the last couple of days, when I have taken Rocky for his walk in Pearson Park, I have noticed a white duvet stuffed into a dustbin near Beverley Road. This morning I decided to investigate further, because I could not get over the fact that it appeared to be in a better and cleaner condition than mine and yet it had been thrown out. As I pulled it out of the dustbin for inspection, it appeared to be almost new with only a couple of small highlighter pen ink blotches on it. It is for a double bed and has a 10.5 tog label. Beneath this I also found a plastic dustpan and brush, again almost new and in a lot better condition than my broken dustpan and tatty old brush. I went home happy with my finds. Not long afterwards, Rocky started to bark and upon looking out of my bedroom window I saw that the dustbinmen had arrived...

No comments: