Site Meter

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

British man in Ghana jail appeal


British man in Ghana jail appeal

A British man is appealing against a conviction in Ghana for indecently assaulting a three-year-old girl.

Thomas Tichler, 57, a retired banker from Hertfordshire, was jailed for two years in February.

The charity Fair Trials International has disputed the medical evidence used to convict him and says the girl was too young to give evidence.

The appeal court, sitting in Accra, is reserving judgement on the case until later this year
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to keep an open mind, but why is it that the defence argument sounds so unconvincing. I mean, vaginal bleeding induced by a shoulder ride... what was he wearing, a spiked dog collar?

jailhouselawyer said...

Richard: I also found myself raising my eyebrows at this defence argument.