Site Meter

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dead Man Walking

Dead Man Walking

On Thursday I went down with either the common cold or influenza and by Sunday I have no energy or strength for almost anything. Last night I struggled to carry a 10kg bag of coal from Nissa, just around the corner. I was stopping every few yards to catch my breath. Some years ago the Prison Medical Service arranged for me to have my sinuses fixed. I think they made the matter worse. In any event, I generally tend to breathe through my mouth instead of my nose. For a number of years I have noticed I could not both smoke and walk as the shortage of breath got to me. (I know I should not be smoking!). With my nose blocked solid, I only have my mouth to keep me alive. But, this illness, the slightest exertion floors me.

Normal service will resume as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Pams Page said...

Get a trolley [the tartan variety?!] for the coal, and take Sudafed for the nose...

Since I'm Irish I can only suggest the obvious Irish "Coffee", but then any excuse is better than none.

Feel better soon.

Barnacle Bill said...

Bit of Firery Jack on the chest might help, anyway hope you get well soon.

Martin said...

Had a similar sounding virus about 6 weeks ago. 'Fraid it took me about four weeks to get over. Out and about now though.