Site Meter

Thursday, November 27, 2008

In the media jungle the tiger sleeps at night


In the media jungle the tiger sleeps at night

Dizzy Thinks, who is part of the new media, wonders as he breaks this story, why is it that the old style media has failed to report upon it? It's the economy stupid, they're all on about it, could they have simply missed the bleeding obvious? Enter the conspiracy theorists, or was there some kind of media blackout? Did the media hold back at the request of the government because of the damage such a revelation might cause?

Back in the 1960s, for a short while, I worked on the Leeds Other Paper. It was an alternative newspaper to the Yorkshire Post. Now and again, I would receive a tip off from a journalist working for the Yorkshire Post. It would be a good story, but for whatever reason the mainstream media couldn't or wouldn't print it. However, once it appeared in print in the Leeds Other Paper, the Yorkshire Post would then pick it up and run with it. Did something similar happen with the story Dizzy posted?

True it is Dizzy's story, nobody can take that credit away from him. He ran with it first. In the new media, it is not like Dizzy did the leg work. However, he did do the brain work and let his fingers do the walking over the keyboard. His eyes scanning documents on the internet, he has a reputation for thoroughness. The mighty oak grew from an acorn. Was the seed planted in the mind? If so, who planted it and where did it come from?

Part of the answer originated here. I don't lay claim to Dizzy's story. As stated, it is his. I am referring to influence. I was influenced from another source. So, my original post was not totally original. The seed was planted in my mind. Sometimes a seed naturally implants itself in the ground, and sometimes it may be because someone has planted it purposefully or accidentally. In any event, the story has broken in the new media whilst the old media was asleep.

Speaking to a contact yesterday, I was surprised to hear him say "I cannot talk to the media anymore, Ministers must do that". My response to that was, "But, they don't know what to say or cover things up". He replied, "I cannot comment on that". It left me with the feeling that the government are deliberately censoring so that the public do not become aware what is really being done in their name. If this is the case here, then Dizzy could well have stumbled upon censorship of the media. I don't know whether I stumbled upon my story or whether I was manipulated. Whatever the case, Dizzy's story is now out there and when the old media wakes up they can pick up where we left off.

UPDATE: It does appear as though there is a mainstream media blackout on the story.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

The MSM does have its D notices.

jailhouselawyer said...

James: That's what I suspect has happened here.

CherryPie said...

They probably did, they should have known some one would piece it together.