Site Meter

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hold the front page I'm just about to crash my car

Hold the front page I'm just about to crash my car

Labour peer Lord Ahmed to face court accused of dangerous driving

Labour peer Lord Ahmed is to face a court accused of dangerous driving after a six car Christmas Day car smash that killed a 28-year-old
.


I am a bit puzzled why the Labour peer Lord Ahmed is not being prosecuted for causing death by dangerous driving, but is instead being prosecuted for dangerous driving. His actions resulted in the death of another motorist. It would appear that shortly before the collision Lord Ahmed had sent a text to a journalist. He was driving in the outside lane at the time. There is no mention that he was overtaking vehicles in both the inside and middle lanes at the time. Also, it is stated that he was only minutes from his home. This being the case, I would have thought it would have been more appropriate to be on the inside lane ready to pull off the motorway onto a slip road? And, why could he not have texted the journalist when he got home in a few minutes?

Surely, the Labour appointed CPS are not showing favour to Lord Ahmed?

4 comments:

Barnacle Bill said...

i must admit I was scratching my head over the direction the CPS had chosen to go, but no surely they are impartial?

2345 said...

Which 'honourable' act afforded him his 'Lord'ship ?

barnacle bill - the CPS appear not to be acting impartially do they ?

Anonymous said...

He will probably get away with an apology from the victim's family.

(no, that's exactly what I meant..)

Anonymous said...

ron knee,

You're probably right - by the look of him he's not suffering 'lean' times !!!