Site Meter

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I spent a penny and found a pound

I spent a penny and found a pound

I went to visit my friend the judge this morning, to scrounge £20 for the gas because it ran out sometime between 6 and 9 this morning, and the temperature last night was -3 degrees. I don't normally drink whisky and ginger ale so early in the day but as it was free I poured myself a triple. This was followed by a coffee. As I left his house, I thought I should have had a pee. I was right, because as soon as I got down the "ten foot" opposite his house I needed to go. Looking down, as you do, watching the trickle stream on its way, I noticed the golden glint of a pound coin. I was reminded of the saying when someone is looking glum "What's up with you? Lost a pound and found a penny?". Here it was the other way around, I spent a penny and found a pound...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its not good to piss on money before putting it in your pocket....

jailhouselawyer said...

Actually, it didn't get wet. But, it wouldn't have made a difference had that been the case.