Site Meter

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tory blogger Iain Dale caught exposing himself

Tory blogger Iain Dale caught exposing himself

The homosexual Tory blogger Iain Dale has been caught exposing himself in public for what he is in private. This is Iain Dale's blog. If you follow the link you will note that just under the header there are a series of links which take you to other pages on the blog, for example, Rules. I like rules. They are designed to let people know just where they stand. Or not, as the case may be. One of the things about the Prison Service that used to get me going was after making its own rules its failure to adhere to them. It is the same with Iain Dale. He states: "I welcome a healthy debate on this blog". This is a blatant lie. Because there is evidence that he has deliberately set out to stifle debate. Moreover, he states: "It's what blogging is all about". It's one thing stating this, and then doing the exact opposite in practice. This is blatant hypocrisy. I have only just started, but to recap, Iain Dale is both a liar and a hypocrite. These are his words, not mine, he goes on to state: "Strongly worded comments are acceptable, but libellous ones are not". Again, these are not true. In the first instance, Iain Dale operates a comment moderation policy whereby if certain individuals attempt to publish strongly worded comments he refuses to let them be published by deleting them beforehand. In the second place, he allows libellous ones through from certain individuals. So, what he says is ok is not ok. And, what he says is not ok is ok. Rules are meant to add clarity not obscure visibility. What Iain Dale has done by making and publishing these rules is issue a public statement, to the effect, that he is open and honest. Nothing could be further from the truth, behind his lies is a hidden agenda. He is claiming that he is fair, however, the opposite is the case he is unfair.

"If I feel that any comment could be contrued (sic) as libellous I will not allow it through comment moderation.

Swearing is banned on this blog. If you use a swear word in your comment, again, it is liable to be deleted without explanation.

Anonymous posting is allowed, but if it is insulting to me or other people posting in the thread I reserve the right not to allow it through".

I have already covered that Iain Dale allows certain people to post libellous comments, he does allow swearing but has drawn the line at the use of cunt. Probably, because he does not know what one is. It would appear, that what Iain Dale considers as insulting to him is what a fair minded person would consider as fair comment. On the other hand, what a fair minded person would consider as an insult to other people Iain Dale considers as fair comment, particularly, if it is directed at certain people who he has unfairly taken a dislike to.

"Please try to be as polite as possible. People seem to think that the internet can be used to say things to people which you wold never dream of saying to their face. Strong argument is welcomed, but please try to steer clear of personal insults where possible". In spite of his plea, certain people ignore this and he allows them to get away with it, time and time and time again. Despite stating that strong argument is welcome, either Iain Dale directly stifles this or via his sockpuppets indirectly stifles it.

"If any of these rules are continually transgressed I reserve the right to ban an individual from posting further comments". As already stated, Iain Dale allows certain people to continually transgress his rules, and whilst he states he reserves the right to ban them he does not exercise this right. Rather, Iain Dale has decided to ban certain people who have not transgressed his rules once let alone continually.

"In short, I reserve the right to delete any comment made on this blog with no explanation. This is a debating forum which I have created and if people do not like my rules they should feel free not to participate.

If you have suggestions for further rules of engagement, please feel free to leave them in the comments on this thread.

COMMENTERS ON A YELLOW CARD

None

RED CARDED

Tim Ireland (permanently)
Jailhouselawyer (John Hirst)".

Whatever else Iain Dale claims his blog is, it is not a debating forum. It is very one sided. Even the Oxford University Students Union allowed the BNP to debate and did not ban them from speaking. Recently, Iain Dale blogged this post. And this is a comment of mine, in keeping with the post, he did not allow through "I think it is time that Iain Dale is whipped for his misconduct, by someone he is paying proper attention to, in this case Iain Martin. It also provided me with the perfect opportunity to whup Iain Dale in a fairer forum than Iain Dale provides on his own blog. The chickens have come home to roost and its no surprise that a bad egg has been found in the basket". I think that people will agree that such a comment was not worthy of being deleted in the first instance, and certainly not worthy of being banned and sent off the playing field. The odd thing is, like an ASBO, its an honour. It was the second such comment that did not get through Iain Dale's comment moderation policy. So I checked his banned list and there was still only Tim Ireland on it. Today, I looked again, only to discover I had been banned. There's nowt as queer as folk. No notice, no warning, no insult, no swearing, just shown the red card sometime later with no explanation. Could it just be for conduct not in relation to posting comments on Iain Dale's blog? Has Iain Dale never heard of or watched Bremner, Bird and Fortune? I suspect it is this and this which has got Iain Dale's knickers in a twist, being a drama queen, and throwing a hissy fit. The first link was in response to his new look blog and in particular his rules which he does not stick to, and the second to a new magazine called Total Politics which he intends to publish. In my view, if Iain Dale cannot take it (except up the bum) then he should not dish it out.

14 comments:

John A said...

Why does his sexuality matter in the least?

jailhouselawyer said...

Hi John: Long time no comment. It doesn't. But, I'm glad you asked. Because recently Paul Linford asked Iain Dale why he allowed comments calling me axe-killer on his blog, and he replied because that is what I am. Paul Linford pointed out that it happened along time ago and that I had paid the price to society. Iain Dale was unrepentant and said that he believed it was fair comment. Iain Dale is a homosexual, putting it before his name, is accurate. Surely, by Iain Dale's measure it is fair comment?

ZinZin said...

Fair point, but is there any need to descend to his level?

Anyway, Dale isn't the worst of the tory psuedo-bloggers, that title belongs to dizzy.

jailhouselawyer said...

Hi zinzin: Long time no comment. I know it is a fair point otherwise I would not have made it. Rugby players get down in a scrum. And you see all sorts of mischief going on. But, I would never sink to his level. The idea is to bring his level up to mine. Dale/Dizzy/Guido are the 3 ugly sisters, I think they are as bad as each other. The only difference being that Dale claims he's Mister Nice Guy, whereas as the other two make no pretence.

BTW, glad to see you are out and about again.

ZinZin said...

Are you the man behind TOTAL BOLLOCKS?

ZinZin said...

Oh hang on its on your blogroll, silly question LOL.

jailhouselawyer said...

zinzin: 10.39 Yes.
zinzin: 10.47 Not a silly question at all. Just because it's on my blogroll does not mean I author it, Iain Dale's Diary is on my blogroll and I don't author that, thank god! There is nothing on the blog to say it's mine. But, I also author Iain's Daily Diary. And, I did refer to Total Bollocks, on that, which is Iain Dale's new magazine Total Politics. So, I thought I might as well do the blog as well. I think Iain is a tad miffed!

John A said...

I might not comment often, but I'm always lurking through the RSS feeds.

When I was on 18 Doughty Street I didn't quite connect with Iain Dale, to say the least. He was civil to me off-air and the other time I've met him, but on-air he said basically that "the far left are homophobic and you are on the far left so what have you got to say for yourself?", which really shows a poor reading of lgbt history.

Good to speak to you again. I have a question for you. Should we act as though bound by the Rehabilitation of Offenders act always, or should we keep mentioning that Alisher Usmanov is a convicted "gangster and racketeer", for example?

jailhouselawyer said...

Hi John: Sometimes Iain Dale can say the most stupid of things which appears to belie his intelligence.

Some years ago I did a psychological profile assessment and it indicated I was a left wing extremist.

On the basis of that, it will confirm his misconception. Why should you defend anything when the accusation/assumption is false to begin with? He should be ashamed of himself.

Likewise, good to speak with you again.

I have seen this question somewhere else.

If the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act worked in practice, I should be in work now, and the likes of Iain Dale and his sockpuppets would be bang out of order (which they are anyway). Alisher Usmanov is not a good example, his alleged offences relate to another country and different circumstances. In this country, his mistake was going to Schillings and getting them to attack bloggers.

I am, and will always remain, an axe-killer. That's a fact. I am still serving a life sentence and will do so until the day I die. The sentence is broken down into two elements, punitive and treatment. I am legally in the second stage. Iain Dale and his gang of sockpuppets are not only legally wrong but also morally wrong, in believing that they have the right to punish me further by their abuse.

It's not the axe-killer label I object to, it's the false labels and false accusations when they get carried away. It's the false claims that they stand on the high moral ground. Yet from my position, I can look down upon them. They display fear, ignorance and prejudice.

All people in my position can do is ask/demand that we are treated fairly. Sometimes we are able to force compliance. I have never demanded that people like me. I have found that some people have come to respect me for who I am, and for what I have achieved in the field of prisoners rights. For that I am grateful. They do not, every time I open my mouth, throw my past in my face. They allow me to get on with my life. If it wasn't for them, and for reform and rehabilitation, we, as a society, might as well lock 'em up and throw away the key.

In relationships, we don't keep harping on about the past or we would never get on and never get over things and the hurts would never heal over.

Unfortunately, too few people show a proper understanding of the issues involved. They rush to make judgement without thinking it through. Quick to condemn, very slow to apologise when they are wrong.

I hope this goes someway to answering your question?

BTW, did you know that Iain Dale's partner has got a big one?

John A said...

You're absolutely correct. We can still have a go at Lord (?) Archer though, because he's chosen to make it a public issue.

Are you interested in coming to the lefty bloggers' piss-up on the 8th March? It'll be in London, but it's always good fun.

jailhouselawyer said...

Hi John: One of the things with Iain Dale was his Lord Archer is different from me attitude. Only offence-wise. Archer never accepted that he was guilty. That was the fault of the court for finding him guilty, in his view. I beg to differ.

I would if I could, but I suspect that my current financial situation would not extend to a trip to London for a drink. Besides, have you not noticed I am a "non-aligned" blogger, in some bloggers blogrolls. But, I do tend to be more left than right.

John A said...

Hi JHL,

Before anyone gets any ideas, I don't subscribe to the "anyone against the big Tory bloggers is left" thesis. I assumed you were left because of your fight for prisoners rights. :-D

jailhouselawyer said...

Hi John: I voted for Labour at the last election. And, as my last post shows the LibDems have lurched to the Right. 18 years of Tory rule was enough for me, even though I could not vote whilst inside. Better the devil you know. But, I am still sore over Iraq and Blair dragging us into a war I don't believe was justified.

John A said...

Although I am a member of the Labour Party, I would not consider that party synonymous with "the left" either...