Site Meter

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Police line do not cross


Police line do not cross



James Higham (Nourishing Obscurity) and I took Rocky for his morning walk in Pearson Park. I had arranged to meet Tony my tobacco supplier under the "Brandenburg Gate". When he opened the boot of his car, I noticed 3 decorative Samurai swords. He asked if I wanted them. I took them and handed them over to James to carry, pointing out that he might get arrested for possession of offensive weapons.

Halfway across Pearson Park I noticed that a large area around the duck pond was sealed off with blue and white tape. A policeman stood on guard, and a Scientific Investigation van pulled up. A serious crime had occurred last night. I have no idea what had happened. James started to panic about carrying the swords. I gave him a bollocking and told him to give me the swords if he was that worried. He decided to brave it out.

The walk was cut short by the path being blocked. On the way back we bumped into some park workers, they jokingly said that the police were looking for someone wielding a samurai sword...

UPDATE: It's just been announced on Viking Radio that a 24 year old man is in hospital with stab wounds, and a 17 year old youth has been charged with attempted murder.

Breaking news: Police investigate attempted murder in Hull park

A TEENAGER was arrested in connection with an attempted murder in Pearson Park last night which left a 24-year-old man needing surgery.

The 17-year-old man was arrested after police were called to a house in Queens Road at around 9.40pm by ambulance crews who were treating the victim for three separate stab wounds.

The victim was treated at Hull Royal Infirmary for two puncture wounds and one slash wound to his stomach.

The injuries are not thought to be life-threatening but he will need surgery.

The 17-year-old was taken into custody at Queen's Gardens Police Station and was this morning being questioned by detectives.

A large section of the park was cordoned off while officers carried out forensic investigations.

2 comments:

Jemmy Hope said...

Have you lost your marbles, John? Carrying "decorative swords" within shooting distance of the Humberside Muskers! Remember Simon Murden, RIP.

James Higham said...

Simon's badge is on my breast pocket, Jemmy. JHL didn't mention the four semi-automatics trained on my head at the time.:)